- Small business set-aside
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Five-year option (August 31, 2016 to August 30, 2021)
- Directed task order up to $4 million each
- Low 0.75% contract access fee
- Various contract types (fixed price, labor hour, time and materials)
- Compliance with Section 843 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of 2008 and Section 863 of NDAA 2009
Prior to issuing orders under GSA 8(a) STARS II, federal contracting officers are required to receive training on the use of the GSA 8(a) STARS II contract and be granted a written delegation of procurement authority from the GSA Small Business GWAC Center.